Featured Site

You Drop, I Link!

Followers

Our Magazine

Angels 

Weekly
Come and Visit us~

Adgitize

Link to Me...

If you would like to link to this blog, copy and paste the code below into your site. Thank You~

Soy Wax Candle Blog From Kats 

Candles

Along for the Ride

I Love These Shutters!

Posted by KAT Thursday, August 27, 2009

red vinyl shutter image
When I dropped my friend off after work, I immediately noticed the shutters on her house, because first of all they are my favorite color, red, and second, because they really dressed up her house!

These were gorgeous shutters and she said that because she lives on the water, that they need them whenever a storm arises to protect the windows in the house. She said that whenever the winds are high, her husband goes out and shuts the shutters to protect the glass in the windows!! Wow! What a great idea? I have shutters, but they are decorative only and they are non-movable. These are functioning shutters that really protect her windows when it's needed.

I said that I liked them because they were red and wooden, and she corrected me and told me that they are exterior vinyl shutters and I couldn't believe it. They looked like real wood to me! She said she got them from The Larson Shutter Company after doing a lot of research on the internet. She also told me that the vinyl is durable and strong and she got a really good deal on her shutters. I am going to have to head over there to check them out, especially now since she told me that Larson is offering free shipping on any orders over $99.00!! I hope that I can get as good a deal as she got, and maybe I will soon have red shutters too!

Till Next Time,
Take Care,
Kat

1 Responses to I Love These Shutters!

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Kate,
    They are probably composite material. And sometimes you can get them unpainted to do your own colors. You can even buy PVC trim and build your own easily with some help. Do you need a chop saw?
    Wayne

     

About Me

My photo
Cape Cod, Massachusetts, United States
I enjoy all kinds of crafts including jewelry making, candle making, polymer clay work and beading. I have a great sense of humor and I love to laugh! I post jokes and stories here for others to enjoy. I will offer tips and hints and some awesome Top 10 lists.

FaceBook Friends

More Sites to See

Recent Visitors

Where U From?

Adgitize