Featured Site

You Drop, I Link!

Followers

Our Magazine

Angels 

Weekly
Come and Visit us~

Adgitize

Link to Me...

If you would like to link to this blog, copy and paste the code below into your site. Thank You~

Soy Wax Candle Blog From Kats 

Candles

Along for the Ride

I Need a New WebHost...

Posted by KAT Thursday, August 6, 2009

web hosting image photo picture
If any of you has tried to go to my candle site, I have to apologize and explain.

I was hosting with a company that shall remain nameless, and because of a mix-up, they have now turned off my site, and so now I looking for a different hosting company so that I can get my site back up and running, and I can offer to sell my candles again.

When trying to find a webhosting site, it can become completely overwhelming and confusing. There are just so many companies out there all vying for your attention and money. I like the fact that Web Hosting Geeks offers reviews of the many companies out there, and the pros and cons of each.

In choosing a web hosting service, there are so many things that I have to look for, the most important being how much web space a provider will allow me on their server. I have many photos of my products, so this is a very important issue for me!

The next thing would be support, I don't want or need a company that doesn't offer 24/7 support for me, or doesn't respond to my problems. Hence the trouble I am in now. So support is a big issue for me!

I also know from experience that I need FTP access, because I need to upload new pages all the time as my inventory changes. Without this option, I can't control my website.

The next thing would be price, I know that the most expensive plans aren't always the best, but the cheaper ones might not offer what I need, so now I really have to do some comparing. This is where the web hosting geeks site comes in handy with the reviews they conduct and the awards they have given. They also have a great informative blog where I have been perusing the many articles to help me in my search.

I have a long road ahead, and am going to need luck and smarts to get my site back up and running!! I'll let you all know when I have success!! Thank you for being patient with me while I research the best options for my site.

Till Next Time,
Take Care,
Kat :)

2 comments

  1. GOOD LUCK!!

     
  2. Dana Says:
  3. Good luck with your search! I look forward to seeing your site.

     

About Me

My photo
Cape Cod, Massachusetts, United States
I enjoy all kinds of crafts including jewelry making, candle making, polymer clay work and beading. I have a great sense of humor and I love to laugh! I post jokes and stories here for others to enjoy. I will offer tips and hints and some awesome Top 10 lists.

FaceBook Friends

More Sites to See

Recent Visitors

Where U From?

Adgitize